To conclude the introduction to Level I – Session 2, Interaction and Communication are keys to an Inclusive environment, will provide you with tools on how to address, interact, socialize and become comfortable with people with disabilities in various social situations.
This session will focus on ways to raise awareness of the many facets of disability, and how communication and interaction is crucial to breaking down attitudinal barriers in social situations. It will address stereotypes, commonalities and real life situations, which will be addressed throughout the session.
You will learn:
- How to communicate with people with disabilities without being fearful
- Myths and Facts regarding people living with disabilities and/or health challenges
- Inappropriate/Appropriate words in a conversation or in general
- People First in Language (PFL)
- Sensitivity issues of communicating/interacting with people with disabilities
- Acquiring knowledge regarding various facets of disability awareness
- The Ten Commandments of Communicating with People with Disabilities